In November last year, House and leisure approached us to work with them on an event for a Mr Price launch. The theme, ‘We go together’, we came up with the following menu and a few pictures we managed to take during the event.
“Cheese and Tomato”
Bocconcinni mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and micro basil on skewers.
“Egg and Bacon”
Rye rounds topped with quail egg and dusted with bacon crumbs.
“Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding’
Rare roast beef served in Yorkshire pudding with horse raddish cream.
“Smoked salmon and cream cheese”
Smoked salmon roses with cream cheese and soy flavoured pearls.
“Cheese and fruit”
Blue cheese tart topped with caramelised fruit.
Mains: Floating dinner:
“Fish n chips”
Fish goujohns with string fries and home made tartar sauce, served in paper cones.
“Bangers and Mash”
Mini home made sausages with creamed potato.
“Bunny and Chow”
Chicken tikka massala served in mini brioche bread bun.
“Mac and Cheese”
Mini pasta shapes served in cream sauce, topped with parmesan.
“Strawberries and cream”
Mini consol jars with fresh strawberries and thick cream.
“Bread and butter”
Bread and butter pudding (made with croissants and white chocolate).
“Chocolate and orange”
Mini short crust pastry chocolate and orange tarts.
Presented a new client with the menu below, the feedback:
“Our Marketing Manager has just tried some of your food and she said that it is the best catering in terms of taste, layout and options that she has seen and had in a long time!! :)”
Will post pictures of the big event next week…
Black sesame crusted salmon, seared and served with a ponzu dressing and micro greens.
Smoked salmon mousse in edible cones topped with fresh dill.
Thai roasted butternut and sweet potato wedges with baby coriander leaf salad, ginger and sweet chilli dressing, topped with crushed peanut brittle.
Smoked springbok carpacio on crisp Italian bread with wild rocket, parmesan shavings and a balsamic reduction.
Fragrant Asian coconut broth served with chicken skewer.
Mini duck pancakes with hoisin and spring onion.
Caprese salad of pesto marinated bocconcini mozzarella, basil and cherry tomatoes.
Meringue kisses sandwiched with thick cream.
Dark chocolate andnut brownies dusted with icing sugar.
We catered for the House and Leisure road show, what a pleasure catering for such an appreciative audience!
“The feedback was very positive.”
The menu and some pictures:
Moroccan tea glasses with Greek yoghurt, home made muesli and berry coulis.
Freshly baked croissants topped with Belgian chocolate ganache and flaked almond.
Crisp rye toast topped with ribbons of smoked salmon trout and fresh dill.
Rustic freshly baked banana and pecan nut bread served with butter and honey.
Home made scones with thick cream and raspberry jam; and Parmesan, paprika and chives.
Dark rye bread sandwiches with creamed eggs and chives.
Lemon curd cream cup cakes.
Mini savoury pancakes with smoked salmon, cream cheese and quail egg.
Thai chicken satays with a tangy lime and ginger sauce.
Home made flat bread topped with wild rocket, grilled bringal, parmesan shavings and a balsamic reduction.
Short crust pastry tart filled with goats’ cheese cream, topped with fruit and micro greens.
Caramelised onion, blue cheese, walnut and thyme tart.
Chocolate and pecan nut brownies.
Mini meringues sandwiched with raspberry cream.
Brut chocolate cookies sprinkled with brown sugar.
Mini pots of chicken liver parfait with wafer thin melba toast.
Lemon meringue pie.
Berry cup cakes.
“The food was amazing. People are still talking about it!”
Message from our happy client, Vanessa.
Home made flat bread topped with smoked Springbok carpaccio, wild rocket, grilled bringal, parmesan shavings and a balsamic reduction.
Rare beef fillet cocktail rolls with onion marmalade, lemon aioli and baby leaves.
Ribbons of smoked salmon trout with cream cheese, dill, lemon and watercress on mini savoury pancakes.
Thai chicken satays with a chilli and peanut sauce.
Short crust pastry tart filled with goats cheese cream, caramelised fig and mirco greens.
Photos by Lara
1. Butternut risotto balls stuffed with blue cheese.
2. Thai chicken skewers drizzled with peanut sauce and freshly chopped coriander.
3. Teriyaki style beef skewers.
4. Juicy prawn tails served with a dill mayonnaise.
5. Mini caprese salads of bocconcini mozarella, fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and pesto.
6. Mini tarts with blue cheese, roasted walnuts and caramelised onion.
7. Mini filo quiche: Mushroom, caramelised onion and parmesan.
8. Mini beef fillet rolls with caramelised onion, aioli and seasonal leaves.
9. Grilled thinly sliced aubergine rolled with a herbed cream cheese and flaked almonds.
10. Vegetable spring rolls served with a ginger, lemon grass and soy dipping sauce.
11. Mini pita bread stuffed with a home made hummus, roasted chickpeas and fresh rocket.
12. Ribbons of smoked salmon trout served on mini savoury pancakes with cream cheese, fresh dill and cracked black pepper.
13. Mini Asian fish cakes with a tangy dipping sauce.
14. Mini pies: Roast chicken and mushroom; Beef and onion; Lamb curry; or vegetarian chickpea and butternut.
15. Bruschetta topped with a variety of meats, cheeses, chutneys, pesto and seasonal leaves.
16. Mini chicken drummets marinated and grilled on the fire.
17. Cucumber ribbons wraped around marinated bocconcinni mozzarella and skewered.
18. Home made flat bread topped with smoked springbok carpaccio, rocket, grilled bringal and a balsamic reduction.
19. Short crust pastry tart with roast butternut, caramelised onion, crispy sage and parma ham.
20. Sweet onion and potato fritatas.
21. Home made ginger biscuits with goats cheese and caramelised fig.
22. Blue cheese pannacotta topped with honey roasted pear and nuts.
23. Short crust pastry tart with a goats cheese cream and caramelised fruit topping.
1. Mini bowls of Thai green curry: Fish; beef, vegetarian or chicken with basmati rice.
2. Mini bowls of Indian lamb or beef curry served with basmati rice and a mini popodum.
3. Mini bowls of pasta bows with a creamy butternut sauce topped with crispy sage and parma ham (optional).
4. Mini bowls of flavoured mash with cocktail sausages.
5. Mini pot pies: Roast chicken and mushroom.
Prices on request.